• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

70 cm 11-element Antenna Analysis

C2

Aug 3, 2005
This is a VSWR plot and normalized Smith plot of my 11-element Yagi antenna fed with a gamma matching device. All aluminum tube and the gamma match is an aluminum tube with a center coax dielectric fed to the center of an SO-239.

What the heck, here is a pic of the feed:

gamma.jpg

The measurement looks suspicious to me and I tried rebuilding it (basically just cleaning and reassembling), but I still get the same results. I wanted it optimized for 70 cm simplex work (445 MHz).

70cm11.gif

On second thought...it looks fairly close to 70 cm ATV simplex work. Maybe just a slight tweak. 8)

I wanted to try a better feed. Does anyone want to suggest something else?

For some reason the name of what I am thinking of slips my mind. It would be like two pieces of solid copper wire, one running from the center to a shorting strap one way, and the other running from the shield the other way to a shorting strap. Oh that's right, it was a T-match and it also needed a 1/4 wave section of coax between the feeds...

How about a 'Delta'? Sort of a 'droopy' 'T'.
- 'Doc

PS - UHF... braid is thicher than the center conductor, so acts line it's very slightly longer even if exactly the same length as the center conductor. Really pronounced at SHF and can make a 'difference'. At UHF, maybe.
(that's just in case it get's too simple. ;))

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.