• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

800 thru 900 scanner mods???

Skip Talker

Apr 7, 2005
Re: Re:800 thru 900 scanner mods???

What area do you plan on listening to cell phones? Most of the country went digital and the rest will soon follow. There is no handheld scanner that can decode all of the various modes of digital phones.

In the 800 Mhz region there will be 2 carriers plus Nextel. The other 6 licenses for wireless phones are in the 1900 MHZ spectrum and are definitely digital.

Like I mentioned, all major cities are digital. There are still some highways that are covered by analog in the 800 Mhz range but not sure what your wanting to hear.

There used to be only 2 wireless phone systems in each area. Now there are up to 9 service providers in each area. You’ll even find some private repeater systems that will emulate cell phones. They are on VHF, UHF and 900 Mhz.

</p>

Is there any way to modify the newer scanners to pick up the 800 thru 900 freq. range. (uh oh, I know it's illegal). But, so is my export+amp set up...

I want to get a good hand held to use while in the big truck and also at home.

Galaxy DX99v,
Astatic 636L,
Davemade 200,
Texas Ranger ext.spkr.,
Spectrum 1600/base,
Coily single coil and Coily trucker
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.