• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

98VHP amps?

Well, this is what I've come up with.
I already have a 50 amp glass fuse right by the battery on the positive side so I guess I really don't need to be adding one up by the radio. All my radios are taken out of the truck nightly. Never left in the truck so to cut down on the chance of hooking it up backwards I pull in Anderson quick disconnects. It only goes one way!

So all I need to do is made me a nice jumper from the radio to the power cable I have on the dash. Both ends of the jumper with quick disconnects and I'm done.

Thank you all for the input and helping me come to a conclusion on what is best!
Great idea there, Anderson makes a nice little 50 amps connector.

Overdriven

I'd like to hear if you have been successful running that 98 at full tilt swinging 300 every day. It was designed to do 200 safely, with 65W dead key on AM. Either your driver circuit or your finals or both are going to die early. Otherwise a great radio, but tune it badly and it will not last, I guaranteee you.

Galaxy DX Radios DX98VHP Service Manual

I agree, the alignment section here says 10 watts low dead key and 65 High. Tune to 200 watts PEP. If it were my radio I might even set the max dead key at 50 watts. 200-250 watts PEP is probably a realistic range depending on your meter.

The origional power cord had a 50 amp fuse in-line, someone cut your cord shorter and removed it. I would run a fuse both at the battery and at the radio. One protects your vehicle from a fire and one protects your radio.

50 Amp Fuse make sure you also put one at the Battery Post as well. I have this Radio and its EXCELLENT..Have fun and good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,