• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Quick Attaboy....

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I am a member of a number of "groups on Faceybook" and "forums on the web". I see people who "want radios fixed". I see "well meaning folks" get devolved into arguments about what is best, what will work, what won't work.... then comes insults... then comes name calling......then come the inevitable discussion of "what each other's ancestors did in the trees" !!!!!!!

This forum has NEVER failed (that I have seen) to be fountain of information, guidance, help..... whatever is needed. Even "opinions" can vary....

But it always stays more civil than any other group on this topic that I have ever seen elsewhere.

Thank you!

That is all.
Carry on....

Bob

The thing about facebook is that those still using it are the same people that got a rush from having huge friends lists when it first got big. That had consequences. Facebook has preconditioned people to see their actual real world friends just as disposable/replaceable as those hundreds of digital friends the platform gave them. In that state of mind, you do not need to have patience or respect for other people and talking down to others becomes the norm. If they lose a few friends trying to impress the masses, it is seen as a net positive. What people don't realize is that, in the process, the limited number of real friends they can count on in the real world are reducing in numbers proportionately and this makes them all the more miserable and in need of a personal boost online.

They say there is 6° of separation between anyone on earth due to social media. In other words, people were interconnected enough through friends lists that one person could reach any other person on earth via 6 friends of friends, How many friends do you have? LOL

Not to get all political, but Facebook knows this is happening, and they promote it because it tears us apart. That's why I left.

The thing about facebook is that those still using it are the same people that got a rush from having huge friends lists when it first got big. That had consequences. Facebook has preconditioned people to see their actual real world friends just as disposable/replaceable as those hundreds of digital friends the platform gave them. In that state of mind, you do not need to have patience or respect for other people and talking down to others becomes the norm. If they lose a few friends trying to impress the masses, it is seen as a net positive. What people don't realize is that, in the process, the limited number of real friends they can count on in the real world are reducing in numbers proportionately and this makes them all the more miserable and in need of a personal boost online.

They say there is 6° of separation between anyone on earth due to social media. In other words, people were interconnected enough through friends lists that one person could reach any other person on earth via 6 friends of friends, How many friends do you have? LOL

Not to get all political, but Facebook knows this is happening, and they promote it because it tears us apart. That's why I left.
I am still there.... but I am a pretty quiet operator. I don't make much noise. Mostly comments with real personal friends and family... but I DO wade into a few CB interest groups from time to time.... help where I can....but I refuse to "engage" in bickering...... I am a huge believer in "ignoring" and "scrolling on past".

I am a member of a number of "groups on Faceybook" and "forums on the web". I see people who "want radios fixed". I see "well meaning folks" get devolved into arguments about what is best, what will work, what won't work.... then comes insults... then comes name calling......then come the inevitable discussion of "what each other's ancestors did in the trees" !!!!!!!

This forum has NEVER failed (that I have seen) to be fountain of information, guidance, help..... whatever is needed. Even "opinions" can vary....

But it always stays more civil than any other group on this topic that I have ever seen elsewhere.

Thank you!

That is all.
Carry on....

Bob
Facebook stopped me from accessing it March of 2022 because not enabling facebook protect.. Oh well.... :) I was able to log back in December of last year and at least backup my data, then I officially deleted the account as of January. CB radio show and tell was a good group, but as you stated, that is exactly what happens.

There was some user out of Washington who had it hard for me, and anytime I mentioned about corrosive glue or bad leaking capacitors, he was quick to reply to me and tell me how wrong I was. He was ex military radio operator so his expert opinion was above all lol.

Glad to be able to still talk CB radio here.

I have a few forums I am on. Almost all of the forums I'm on are great, people doing their best to come together and fix a problem someone else is having. Or someone parts with something another member needs/ wants/ will use. Only one of my forums has an issue with the occasional argument, they are good enough to keep those contained to the thread that they started in. This I the only place where I have not found an outright argument, a few slightly heated yet healthy discussions, but nothing more. This is also the most indepth technologically advanced forum I am in.
The other 2 I frequent are the Cummins forum (for my truck), and golfbuzz.com ( for my golf addiction).
As far as Facebook, I still have my account, I'm there so little that I'm really only using it for marketplace. I've found some good deals there.

As far as friends, my 'friends' list is divided into 3 large sections, there are subsections. Acquaintances, I like, get along with, and want to hang out with. Asshole buddies, the group I'm around most of the time who have a similar sense of humor, and are up for most anything within reason.
Family, those select few people who have been in my life for more than 10 years, who still show up from time to time, talk like we saw each other last week, are always willing to help out when called upon, and have been like family to me. A few of those have included me in their family gatherings, like Christmas, or tell me to stop by whenever I'm in the area. Like family expects you to do.
The numbers shrink the higher you climb the ladder. In high school, I would hang out with a different group of friends every couple of weeks, after a while I discovered those who wanted me around and those who were indifferent. I gravitated to those that wanted me around, and did my best to bring a few others with me to that group. Now, I don't care, if you want to be around me, can accept me for all my warts, and issues, we'll get along. Especially if you have a warped sense of humor, can dish out some good insults from time to time in a joking manner, and take some as well.

Definitely it (FB) had more 'downs' than 'ups', but I've picked up some info about a radio I own that I didn't know, information about a new radio, announced on the manufacturers FB page, and I've become more of the 'reading the mail' kinda guy these days. Otherwise, it's great on finding out what my two sons and their families are up to (along with reminders for birthdays). When it comes to someone looking for troubleshooting/repairs on particular radios, I throw 'em a lifeline (link to this website), as I've never found another site equal-to-or-better-than this one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.