• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Summer Story

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
I heard all the kids say, “Far out, look at that old car!” As my father sat down, I asked him if he still had the old ham radio in it. He looked at the car and said, “Yep and it still works too.” My youngest daughter ran over and said, “Wow! Grandpa that is a big radio in the car.” I asked my dad to tell us the story about how he got the radio. It was always a good story. He looked at us and as...

More...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I lost my father to cancer a little over a year ago and would love to have got a hold of his old radio, Instead I got a old railroad kerosene lantern that always hung on the rafters in his work shop and was his fathers. Although some may look at it and wonder why it brings warm memories to me when I remember it hanging there from that rusty nail when I was a kid. Thanks again for sharing it is a great read.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio