• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Add 11 meter stinger to a quad band HVU?

Nursecosmo

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin Northwoods
Last night I ordered an Opek HVU 10,6,2,440 antenna to use with my soon to be acquired Yaesu FT8900. I would also like to put a CB in the vehicle just for laughs. Has anyone ever added a clip on stinger of some sort (maybe an alligator clip) to a 10 meter antenna for such a purpose? How badly do you all think that it would affect the other bands on the antenna? Is anyone aware of a really cheap matcher which I could use to accomplish a similar result?

73, KC9QPF

I would just get a cheap 4 or 5 ft Hustler fiberglass antenna and mount - for the CB setup. Including coax - couldn't be more than $40 or so. That way, you won't need to buy the matcher which would cost as much - or more.

Try it out before you do anything. 10 and 11 are so close together you should be able to use it as is. I use a stock 11 m bigstick and a stock K-40 both on 10m with no problems. Many people use a cb band antenna on 11m.

PR

I would just get a cheap 4 or 5 ft Hustler fiberglass antenna and mount - for the CB setup. Including coax - couldn't be more than $40 or so. That way, you won't need to buy the matcher which would cost as much - or more.

Granted, it would be cheaper and easier to use another antenna, but I like the idea of just one antenna. Perhaps I should say that I like the idea of my wife liking the idea of just one antenna. She has to be eased into things that affect the appearance of "her" Jeep. I'd love to have an entire array.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.