• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ALINCO DX-70

baco said:
Hey guys,
Anyone with information regarding the Alinco DX-70T / TH / D
please? Wondering if the radio is worth the $500.00. I'm also a licensed ham operator (before someone jumps on me asking why).

Thanks
Baco

You'll probably like it if used as a base. As a mobile, the NB is probably the worst Noise Blanker I've ever run across, and in some cases actually makes it worse. Otherwise - great display, lotsa good comments about my TX audio.

Great starter rig for base,There is an issue with the NB when using as mobile which was also mentioned above.You could do better with the $500.Look for an older Icom 706 or 751a,yaesu's ft100d or ft857.
73,Stu

I have one and love it as a base. Ive never tried to run it mobile yet so I cant comment on the NB. One radio that I would STAY AWAY from is the Yaseu ft100d. Yaseu will NOT support these radios anymore and if you have problems....You are SOL.

frmboybuck said:
I have one and love it as a base. Ive never tried to run it mobile yet so I cant comment on the NB. One radio that I would STAY AWAY from is the Yaseu ft100d. Yaseu will NOT support these radios anymore and if you have problems....You are SOL.

I loved my FT100 (non-D), the display was great, excellent NB, etc. but it was very picky about which vehicle it would work in without rf feedback or the dreaded false high SWR problem, so I'm in total agreement with you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.