• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Almighty Antenna AA-700

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Just purchased one of the Almighty AA-700, 63" antennas today. Small coil on bottom, spring included and a whip making the entire antenna 63 inches long. Comes with a very good mag mount and stays on up to 70 at least.
That's as fast as I got today anyway. But, it tuned in to almost perfect across the 11 meter band and is supposed to be good in the 10 meter band as well. Haven't messed with that part yet as it got way too hot out there in the old truck today.
Supposed to cool off a good 15 - 20 degrees by Thursday so I'll spend more time with it then.
Here is a link for the antenna: https://almightyantennas.com/index.php/almighty-antennas-aa-700

Just purchased one of the Almighty AA-700, 63" antennas today. Small coil on bottom, spring included and a whip making the entire antenna 63 inches long. Comes with a very good mag mount and stays on up to 70 at least.
That's as fast as I got today anyway. But, it tuned in to almost perfect across the 11 meter band and is supposed to be good in the 10 meter band as well. Haven't messed with that part yet as it got way too hot out there in the old truck today.
Supposed to cool off a good 15 - 20 degrees by Thursday so I'll spend more time with it then.
Here is a link for the antenna: https://almightyantennas.com/index.php/almighty-antennas-aa-700
What happens after 70?
How many watts can it survive?
Where is it made?

• Wow
Reactions: tecnicoloco
What happens after 70?
How many watts can it survive?
Where is it made?
I'd guess it will hang on after 70 idk. I will check that out next time out. Supposedly it can handle 700 watts I believe but I'm not sure if that is continuous. I doubt it. Where it's made? I'll have to check. But, it is doing a really nice job, so far. Just my 2nd day with it on the roof of my pickumup truck.

I'd guess it will hang on after 70 idk. I will check that out next time out. Supposedly it can handle 700 watts I believe but I'm not sure if that is continuous. I doubt it. Where it's made? I'll have to check. But, it is doing a really nice job, so far. Just my 2nd day with it on the roof of my pickumup truck.
Hey, if it works OK and you are happy with it, continue to use it. Is the SWR OK? Which radio are you using?

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Hey, if it works OK and you are happy with it, continue to use it. Is the SWR OK? Which radio are you using?
My SWR is a 1.0 to 1.1 all across the 11 meter band.
I will see how it does on 10 meter come Thursday when the weather cools down a bit.
My radio is a Galaxy DX 94HP. Only thing I've had done to it is I had it aligned and the low dead key set to 2 watts and the high dead key set to 10 watts.
It does a really good job.

The link provided goes to a website advertising the antenna for $49.99. It in turn directs you to another link for a website from which you can buy. The price there is $56.99 plus $14.99 shipping costs.

I've got a Striker 5k that works really well; an equally good Wilson 1000; and a Tram 3500. All are comparable in their excellent performance. I don't really need need another magnetic mount, but I was tempted to try one at the $49.99 price point. Not at 40% higher.

I'm still interested in hearing reports from users here on WWDX about their experiences with this antenna. If it proves to be a quality product, it may provide a favorable price point for CB users to obtain a better than average performer. Nothing wrong with that.

well, i purchased one and ended up buying a wilson 1000 i am running a stock anytone at6666 good ears but just doe's not seem to perform like the wilson IMHO. after install i was on ssb and talked to prince edward island, several contacts in texas , denver , idaho. i may try it again but the feeling is i should have just purchased the wilson from the get go

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.