• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Almost Go-Time!

muzzle_blast

Gettin back into skip...
Feb 12, 2010
Creve Coeur, IL
Well, I have been getting the man cave prepped. It's drywalled and Menard's has indoor/outdoor carpet on sale this weekend for around 41 cents sq/ft...

I will HOPEFULLY be putting up my antenna this weekend and routing the coax inside. I have to take my radio to the shop just to get it "tuned up". I was digging through some stuff and found I have an old Robyn 520D just sitting there smiling at me. so I have the radio to start off with until I save up the money to buy my Yaesu FT101E that I have been wanting for some time now.

So my setup is going to be an origional Starduster with the GOOD coax running into the house with my telstar saturn (two ceramic tube) and my Robyn 520D talking through a D104 mic... Or if I feel fancy I will bust out the Golden Eagle mic... I think it's a good start... Should be fun once I finally get on the air.

Maybe one of these nights I can swing around the frequencies and catch some of you on the air!

If you have any tips or comments let me have em!

Catch ya on the flip side!:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned