• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp info?

Only thing I can tell is it's a tube amp for base use. Ask your friend what he ran it with and on what band.

If I remember right it will have 4 6LQ6 tubes in it and a small key tube.
There was one that had 4 tubes and one that had 1 driving 4 but they look about the same
It is just a 11 meter sweep tube amp similar to many 4/5 tube sweep tube amps of the time.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, Any idea of its worth?

All depends on how good the tubes are. They can run 10-25 each used and 30-50 each NOS. There are many many old tube amps sitting around collecting dust because it will cost more to re-tube them then what the amp is even worth.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, as I thought.

1 driving 4 6LQ6's. Should get you about 300-350 PEP output on SSB if not overdriven. That amp is clean! Not a bad find! The thing that's nice about that setup is that you can retube the 4 finals with 31LQ6's, OR you can retube the whole amp with 24LQ6's for a fraction of what new 6LQ6's would cost.

~Cheers~

So in your opinion, what would be the max price you would give if everything was in good working order. I need a suggestion on price. I have no idea. Thanks

Well, I tend to be cheap with sweep tube amps, just because of the overhead on them if the tubes aren't any good, but if everything was working alright, I'd go up to about $200.00 on it max, nothing more than that. It is nice and clean, and the tubes don't look like they've been torched from being overdriven. Just my .02 worth.

~Cheers~

Im with exit, I de say $175.00 but no more than $200.00 remember now these are sweeptubes and are getting scarce to find and pricey aswell when ya do find them. Worst part about buying these tubes is there not made anymore so just about all you find are used (pulls) and when figuring what your paying per tube it tends to give a guy a bellyache ;)

Just treat the amp goo0d dont go for every last watt of out put as a matter of fact if its in good shape Ide kinda baby it and run it around 250 to 300 watts as far as output would go and it should last you quite some time ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.