• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp problems

mrmagoolew

Sep 13, 2008
Hi, guys,

I've been working on an old Cadet 150B amp, and tried firing it up today. I get nothing out of it. I put a 4" fan in it to try to keep the tubes cool. I plugged it in, and nothing. The relay is clicking, and the tubes are glowing orange, but this is my first tube amp that I have gotten close to running, and I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong? I turn the tune and load knobs, but nothing is happening that I can tell. I look at my watt meter, but there's no movement. Any ideas? Lew

Just from the information you have given, you aren't getting any power output because there's no power input. What radio are you using and how much power output doe it have?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.