• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANTENNA (BRAIN RACKING) ISSUES AND THEN SOME ? WHAT'S BEST ?

Damn Rookie! I read your post's twice, and I'm so confused at what your getting at, that my eyes started crossing! :wow

Sounds like you have about 400' too much coax in your car, or truck now :p ...best I can figure :?

Lazybones1222 said:
jessejamesdallas said:
Damn Rookie! I read your post's twice, and I'm so confused at what your getting at, that my eyes started crossing! :wow :?

Haha - 4-10 there Jesse. :shock: :D

Had to be said....

Rookie, all you have to do...Is get a antenna anilizer (MFJ) hook it up at the end of the coax, that run's to the antenna. And set the antenna's SWR. Keep coax run's as SHORT as possible. This includes all "jumpers". Regardless of what your thinking, coax just needs to get "point A" to "point B" in the short'est distance possible.

Or...you can rack your brain with all the 3' jumper therorys, and 18' run's, run's of 6', and what ever else some have said in the past. Longer run's of coax just fool's meter's into thinking the swr is set right. :!:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.