• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna/radio switch

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
Since I have a couple radios to switch between, I'm looking for a switch to alternate. I'd just like to cut the hassle of having to screw/unscrew connectors every time I want to switch radios.
The question is, how badly would this effect signal, I would venture to guess I will lose a small amount of power(minimal I would hope), I would also guess it would change the SWR as well.
Am I wrong in these guesses? Anyone care to offer advice on that one?
Reccomendations?
I need something that can feed at least 2 sources into a single antenna, needs to be able to handle a KW and fairly good quality....no radio shack specials!

Diawa CS-201 Great switch good to UHF.Well shielded and solid.Check out Eham reviews CS-201 switch review

I have two of them and they are FAR above the cheaper "CB" type switches.They actually preserve the 50 ohm impedance on the line.RF Parts has them as do most ham dealers.Pick one.

P.S. I believe the CS-401 is the same but a four position switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.