• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Replacement?

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
Where is the next best place to put a mobile antenna? I have a Wilson 5000 mag mount but there are way too many tree branches hanging down low, especially when it's raining, here where I live, not to mention the height requirement thingys that they have hanging around here for drive thru's, banks, and ect. My antenna keeps hitting all of these and I'm afraid it's going to do some kind of damage to my antenna or my truck roof and can you image what it's probably doing to my SWR's? I have a tool box across the back of the cab. I thought about mounting one on it with a ground wire to either the the bed or the frame. So I have come once again to ask for advice from those of you who have already been so generous and friendly with helping me out, any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Since it is a mag mount....it can't hurt trying difference locations.

But you may find out....that when the load or a large portion of the stinger is below / blocked by the cab / body....your SWR will rise.

the stainless steel stinger isnt gonna be hurt by anything it hits . if youre worried about it catching anything , cut off the corona ball and flip the stinger upside down with the same ammount sticking out the was before you clipped the ball off . you wont dammage anything at a drive through with the stinger . it has a lot of flex . it also shouldnt affect your vswr unless its making contact with bare metal and adding length to you antenna while you are talking/keyed up .

if its the noise thats bothering you than sharp shooter gave you the best option and the consequences of it . height is might so you loose a little tx and rx also .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.