• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna tuner question.

airplane1,
I've never had my hands on an 'LDC' tuner so can't make any comments on them. But, from what you say, they can't be too bad at least :).

Just off hand, I'd say that you'd probably have better luck using that Maco on bands higher than 10 meters, rather than lower than about 12 meters. Unless the tuner is a really big one, they usually have more capacitive capacity than inductive capacity. And since a 'too long' antenna requires more capacitance than inductance, the thing would probably 'tune' it. Doesn't say anything about how well the antenna would work, just that it'd probably be easier to 'tune'/match. (Lots of qualifications in that, so take it for what it's worth.) And thats why a 'too big' antenna is usually more desirable than a 'too small' one, sort of.
- 'Doc

The only time an antenna is really 'too big' is when the end of it actually touches the receiving antenna...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.