• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any locals on the air in Raleigh?

Thetoulman

Dec 4, 2011
I commute on us1 and the beltline 3 days a week, but even with a scanner I rarely hear anyone or get an answer to a call. Anyone run their rig daily in the triangle?

I "heard" there's some people on channel 10 I think by the rock quarry...I hear they might get mad at you though if you talk on "their" channel as they try to say "it's their company channel"...just remind them Uncle Charlie didn't designate that channel to them.

Yeah they run on channel 10, its for the drivers who pick up rock, and they also run it for their loaders but I think their blasting and quarrying operations are on VHF. I had an odd job to do a few weeks ago and I just happened to have a handheld in my backpack, alot better than hollering out the window.

Metal recyclers often use CB also. These 2 things are about the only productive things left on CB, I just let em be and use one of the other 39 channels, or the 40 up or down or those few befre you hit 28.000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.