• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone heard about this radio

Fdtrucker

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 5, 2005
Southern Shore Of Lake Ontario
I found a Realistic TRC-453 in my dads garage, with side band. Is this a good radio? Who made them. It sounds good for sitting in a garage for 5 years. Is there any mods or is it a junk radio. Kick it back.. 10-4!!!

All I can find in my docs is the variable adjustments......
It's the same as the Uniden PC-122......
VR5-AMC VR6-ALC and VR10-AM Power......That's all I can find on this rig........Hope this helps........73's

Them are good Radios. Freecell actually designed a channel kit for that radio and is one of the best at tuning them up.

www.aussiecbradio.com/trc453.jpg

trc453.jpg

Realistic TRC453

Best radio I have bought,definitely best value for money as it cost me $30usd so had it peaked and tuned and now swings to 28watts pep. So pleased with the performance had a tech in Australia put 3 extra 40 channel bands and a 5 khz slide so have continuous coverage from 26.325 to 27.860 in 5khz steps. Throw the stock mic away, I use an Astatic D104m6b and it really sounds good.
Its a pity they use the 5pin din plug for the mic but I can live with that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.