• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone in Texas, from Dallas/Ft Worth to San Antonio/Austin

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
If I know you from the WWRF I will accept one passenger wanted to help share expenses to the Antenna break in the Mojave Desert east of Los Angeles weekend of May 5-7, 2006. No smoking in auto will be allowed however, I have allergies.

1500 miles plus one way in 1995 Mercedes 300D getting 30+ miles per gallon, estimated share is $170.00 there and back at 50/50 on gas. Dutch on food and lodging of course or you can camp in the desert with the gang that camps out there. There is limited space for gear however in medium sized 4 door auto and I will be packing antennas too. I may take my new van also and expense will be a bit higher, but will be more comfortable and have more space and may can take two passengers, but will not drive extra just to pick up two unless both or on the way to SA or D/FW.

Plan to leave Houston early enough to arrive your location (on route and as noted above only) by daylight on day of departure and stay over in El Paso over night, and then arrive El Mirage Lake Friday or Saturday early AM or sometime before noon. Depending on agenda and plans for the event will determine the departure date. Plan to depart event on early afternoon on Sunday for earlier arrival back in Houston on Monday.

If you live elsewhere in Texas you can come to my home in Houston and meet for early AM departure to arrive on Friday or Saturday too, depending on when activities really begin.

Master Chief what is the start up agenda if any and will there be activities on Friday or will this be a setup and arrival day with activities commencing on Saturday? What are the conditions for night camping in the desert? How are the RSVP going? Can you give us a list of possibles at this point?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.