• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone use the Russian Equivalent of SO42P Mixer IC's?

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
I ordered some but do not need them just yet. They are for repair purposes down the road. I have had great luck with Russian Mil Surp tubes, diodes, resistors, air variables, ceramic high voltage rotary switches and teflon cap's. I was cataloging caps in a radio the other day and I released I had used of the last 6130-5's I had and figured I might also stock up on SO42P's while I am at it. I am sure I in a pinch I could sub the SO42P in for the TDA6130-5 but since i have never done that I figured I would get some of each.

Anyone ever sub the SO42P in for the TDA6130-5? I printed off the white papers but had a long day and have not had time to look at them but a lot of radio's used them interchangeable from Uniden.

I also picked up some TDA1905's since I do not have any on hand. Anyone have a hand sub for that?

I wish I could have found the Miltary eq. to the above parts and looked for USA or NATO Mil Surp on those. I got 6x of the Russian version of the SO42P romanized the Russian part is 174PS1 for $6 and $8 shipping. I have read articles out of Europe about people using them for home-brew projects in communication but it is normally QRP stuff or the like so nothing on legitimate repair and substitution.

With the Russian part I know at the very least it is not a fake it is the real thing with SO42P's it is like the wild west!!! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.