• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Buckeye

Q

Quinny1

Have any of you guys heard of the above microphone? I can't seem to find any info on it.So if anyone can come up with some,I'd be grateful.

Ken

</p>

Yes, they were very good little mic's. They were 500 Ohm microphones and were quite impressive in sound quality.

newgoob1.gif
</p>

Have any of you guys heard of the above microphone? I can't seem to find any info on it.So if anyone can come up with some,I'd be grateful.

Ken

</p>

Not one of Astatic's success stories. I had a Uniden Grant with a stock mic and tried the Buckeye..........the Uniden stock mic was much better quality and had much better tone and punch. Take some advice from someone who owned one.........they are junk.

Buckeye Microphone

I have 2 or 3 of these mics. They are smaller than a normal hand mic. I have never tried them out as they do not have jacks on them. I am in Ohio (Buckeye State) so I may keep them. I have just read a post that said they weren't any good BUT a few months ago a CB Tech tried to buy them off of my saying they were extremely good mics but only a few made and collector's items. He said that is the reason they were made in limited numberrs, as collector's items. I also have a some extra mic elements that I think might be for these Buckeye microphones. They are a white or off-white in color and very light in weight. I hope that helps some...
Good Luck
Rex, N8RNA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.