• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

attuverse problems

Jan 5, 2011
Hello i have been having problems with my att service with tv freezing when using my radio everything is grounded im using browning br400 coax was wondering if a high pass filter on the tvs would help or if someone else has had a similiar experience

Hello i have been having problems with my att service with tv freezing when using my radio everything is grounded im using browning br400 coax was wondering if a high pass filter on the tvs would help or if someone else has had a similiar experience

Not specifically, but be advised that the Uverse service uses freq from AM BCB up past 8mhz over your unshielded (likely untwisted) phone line. When you use the radio (I'm guessing its a 10 or 11 meter rig) there would normally not be anything in that freq range. BUT as the Uverse device is a receiver (and transmitter, just over a cable pair) of sorts I guarantee if you key up with any kind of power that the RF part of the Uverse device will get overloaded.

When I had Uverse installed I had trouble with getting the ordered tier (24mbit). They found the lines in my house (in the walls) unsuitable for use and the cause of interference (acting as an antenna). So they got rid of them. (I don't have a home phone so no biggie). So you might want to try connecting as directly to the NID (little grey box on side of house) as you acan, and not use any in-home wiring if you can help it. This will troubleshoot the inside wiring as a source of induced RF into the Uverse gateway.

Otherwise, if your setup is clean, you have a good clean antenna, and you are positive RF isn't in the shack - you should jsut treat it as an intermittent connectivity issue. They may have some issue with the wiring in your area (a poorly grounded VRAD or distrobox somewhere).

BTW Uverse freezes because it loses data connection. an HP filter on the TV's would do nothing - the issue is that the RG loses sync or data when overloaded.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.