• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

audio distortion

4Au would probably be better but still the 6 should be plenty to get over half power.. idk if you have 290amps you shouldnt have any problems.. as long as you're swinging forward and not backwards i wouldnt worry about it

thank you everyone for your help the info you all provided was awsome. the few last threads helped alot. Iwent back through my system when i got home and found the lug that reduces the 6 gauge wire to the linears 8 gauge wire loose. tightened the lug all is good now. like i said in the beguning bean running bearfoot radio for years new to the amps. ALWAYS LEARNING
Also i drove past a rig the other day pushing some power and when he drove by talking it made the relays in the amp chatter will that hurt anything in radio or amp and if so how do i keap this from happining(y)(y)

if you think the amp is good, it must be amplifying something its being given.

a 15 Mhz, 50 dollar oscilloscope from ebay is a very handy tool to have, if you had one you would be able to see straight away where the problem is

if you not overmodulating, expect about 50% of what the amp says it can do, their are NO advertising laws the amplifyer builders go by, they basically put what ever they wish.

if you are overmodulating you can prob get 750 watts from a 400 watt amp.(y)

wahlrite

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio