• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Bad modeling examples presented.

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
This model shows a perfect match of 1.000 ohms, at the feed point using a coil based on a nice clear picture I found for this little Venom antenna made in Europe somewhere. The reported maximum gain shows, -0.73 dbi gain at 20* degrees as noted on the Total Field Pattern report.

This model is in Free Space in order to report the Eznec Average Gain Test Report.

1. shows 2 pages for the Eznec Control Center page with AGT report turned OFF, and then turned ON.

2. same model as #1 with AGT turned ON.

This reports the AG as = 0.522 = - 2.83 db understated gain for the model and if the model is close to correct the AGT should = the unit 1.

In such case this (-) type of error is added to the reported gain noted on the Antenna Pattern image. It the error is a (+) then the maximum gain for the model is overstated and the error will be subtracted from the maximum reported gain.

See corrections to the real gain for this model when fixed which shows true maximum gain to really be 2.10 dbi at 20* degrees.

If you don't ever see these details...how would you know the model is in error. This is typically an error of omission, due to convenience, in getting a model published and not sweating over the details and trying to get the model close to correct.

I've posted a lot of common type CB vertical mono-pole models here of late, and some have errors that are buried within the many small dimensions, some I found and some I had to do a little estimating.

Attachments

• Bad Modeling Examples.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

I was trying to setup my twitter profile. That is an old image of Marconi as a young man.

Adding a picture seems like a simple thing to add to a profile setup. I was setting my Twitter account up, and I never figured to change my WWDX image. I still have times when confusion in my thinking sets in due to my being sick lately.

Adding a picture seems like a simple thing to add to a profile setup. I was setting my Twitter account up, and I never figured to change my WWDX image. I still have times when confusion in my thinking sets in due to my being sick lately.

Don’t worry. You’ll figure it out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.