• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Band-switched SS 500w amp on eBay, Homebrew - nice pics

Naysayer

Mar 6, 2020
New York
Interesting Homebrew at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3348880844...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

The base amplifier here is an “ST” DB-2933-54 test bed for it’s RF POWER amplifier using 2 x SD2933 N-Channel enhancement-mode lateral MOSFETs on which I’ve added a case, metering and switching. Although originally rated for 300-400 watts, it can be easily be driven well above that and with a slight increase in power supply voltage, can approach 600 plus watts.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

For the life of me I cannot find that Item again.
The paragraph above was a cut & paste from the listing itself. Found it late last night browsing ads. It ws cheap <$200 and had switched inputs for each band. Homebrew but small and finished in blue/silver. Something I'd never seen before, Fla located I think.

For the life of me I cannot find that Item again.
The paragraph above was a cut & paste from the listing itself. Found it late last night browsing ads. It ws cheap <$200 and had switched inputs for each band. Homebrew but small and finished in blue/silver. Something I'd never seen before, Fla located I think.
Well MANY amps on Ebay get pulled. If they can be used on 11 meters for sure they get pulled. Depending on how the ad is worded hey get pulled unless they are stated ham amplifier and it helps to say not for CB.

Reactions: Naysayer
Some hand from above reached down to adjust the market. Sounds about right. Internet held such promise in the early '90's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.