• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Band was hot tonite!! :)

ghutch

Sep 24, 2010
China, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Malaysia , Japan, Azores, Guam, Russia, multiples on most of these countries. Could have used a couple of these during the ARRL Dx contest as multipliers!! :D
I was not able to bust the pileups with 5 watts on some but these are the ones that were 5/5 to 599! 10-12 meters is a rockin!
Speaking of pileups, some were embarrassing? Sounded like AM cb! Dx code of conduct is something many guys should read......how can you ask a stations call after a QSO and had just given a 59 signal report? I heard that several times this evening? Listening is a good thing, after listening a few minutes you can see at what point the guy is picking out the return callers....front middle or on the end of the QRZ? I worked a Russian last nite, he then called for USA station, a china station came back, the Russian ask ? Are you in the USA? The Chinese station again returned to his call for USA. At that point the Russian operator told him he was not in the us and he was stupid? Kinda funny, as I wanted to go to the china ops and ask to QSY but it was not my frequency!! :censored:
I turned it off at 830pm and 10 was still open into Russia
Last nite and tonite have been exceptional on 10-12.....so much I never checked 15-17!
Philpoh any new ones? Only new one for me was Uruguay on 10. The Mongolia station just got stronger and was 57 when I had to go.

Last edited:

One new one on 10m was the 1st one you texted me:
YC9WIC Indonesia 5/7 very loud -- nice easy one!

I heard your qrp call for the E Malaysia - your sig was 5/7 to Ohio.

Heard Mongolia at a 1/1 - just did not get any stronger.
Also both E and W Malaysia were 3/2 - couldn't break the pile up.

Conditions opened later past 9pm, thanks for the heads up - I was off by 8pm and back on after 9.

Philip

Tonite was very good as the last couple nites....tonite was a slight bit weaker....
In my estimation?
Mongolia stations(2) were workable
I heard a couple Koreans, Malaysian, a few Zl's and VK's, New Caledonia
Philpoh were you able to get into either Mongolian Operations??

New contact for me was Vlad Bykov working as
HK0/UA4WHX 24940.0 UA4WHX Providencia Island, IOTA NA 049
This morning was wide open into southern and Eastern Europe, Russia many 5/9 signal as I drove to work.

Hope everyone got some good ones!! 73

I agree it was weaker, Mongolia signal was 1/2 with no luck.
Heard Sir Lanka, China, Hong Kong but very low signals.

Did get 9J2T Zambia 5/4 on 10m - new one. It was 5/9's all around!

10m has become my favorite band.

Philip

My antennas are still down so I cant play :(

We need some more sun and some warmer temps to melt the 5 feet of snow in my back yard so I put my OCFD back up.

Ratso.....a wet string will produce with condition as we have seen last few days? But I'm not sure if a frozen string will?? Run some wire! A Frozen ground plane may be the new dx monster? Who knows
Good luck with the winter you guys have had to endure....its a wonder anything works in your neck of the woods. Good luck and God Bless

Today 10 is really off.....heard a few weak Brits and EU guys this morning....I worked V21ZG this morning driving to the office but this afternoon little on 10 that I hear{Cry_river}

I may have to tune up 20 for some dx this weekend! My addiction is pretty bad!!
I heard a few JA's on 40 a few nites ago....hopefully they will be a callin! I've even thought about WAS on several bands as a past time when dx is off?

Philpoh text me if ya start hearin mars or something new I'll turn it on!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.