• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng UV-5R and DigiPan?

WF7BSR

Sep 19, 2012
DM43ej
I just got my Tech Lic. a few weeks ago, and for now my only radio is the UV-5R. Is there a cable/adapter available to allow me to connect the UV-5R to the "SignaLink USB" interface from Tigertronics, or would I have to buy the un-terminated cable Tigertronics sells and complete it myself?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Can't answer your question, but the dudes over at the UV5R Yahoo group probably have a quick answer.

I am also interested in what your trying to do, so I patiently wait.

I want to use the UV-5R to try-out the DigiPan software, by interfacing the radio to my computer with the Tigertronics SignaLink-USB interface. But I am just starting out in this hobby, so have a LOT to learn (this is my first radio, and have not even transmitted on it yet) :blush:

The Baofeng UV-5r speaker/mic plug is the same as the Kenwood HT's. So, you should be able to use the same Signalink cable as the Kenwood. It's certainly worth a try.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.