• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base amp needed

bbugin

Bbugin
Oct 26, 2010
nj
I am looking for a home amp to replace my K1313 dead amp. It had one el509 which I was pleased with. Does anyone have a simular amp for sale 100-200 Dead Key w /ssb. My radio is a RCI 2980.

Or could you recommend a Brand and shop where I can purchase one...

Thanks Rich from NJ

I am looking for a home amp to replace my K1313 dead amp. It had one el509 which I was pleased with. Does anyone have a simular amp for sale 100-200 Dead Key w /ssb. My radio is a RCI 2980.

Or could you recommend a Brand and shop where I can purchase one...

Thanks Rich from NJ

I'm assuming you're set on a tube amp as opposed to transistors? Is that the case? Although a mobile amp by design, the Texas Star DX-500V would be a nice choice. It's class-AB1 and does well on SSB and AM.

I have a Boomer Deluxe on ebay right now. It does 480ssb and on AM wih 30 watts peak input. And has a built in 35 amp power supply. 110v and looks and works great, even the preamp works good. Ill get you the ebay address if intersted. Im at work right now and cant get to ebay.

Also, The 500V makes a great base amplifier. I ran one on a 60 amp power supply. 450 watts all day with no heat issues(used a small fan)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.