• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Station Coax ???

RG213 Will last longer, Good Stuff ! 40 year vet.

:)
Right now I am running an IMAX 2000 on 20' of mast. I just bought a 32 foot tower, ham IV rotor, and a Moonraker 4. This spring I plan to get this all going with the IMAX on top of the beem.

My question is what coax should I run with all this? I will need 3 runs total, should I just use RG 8x, RG 213, or LMR 400. I don't plan on running ever more then say 400 watts.

Hey Guys, Where can I get a Block Diagram for a RCI 2980 DX. My freq readout and meters stopped working and someone said it would be some sort of driver not the freq board. Thanks for any help. Perry

I would Agree Mostly with what QRM said

However may consider differently being you said something about running up to 400 watts

Better coax will help also minimize possible rf leakage / splash to your neighbors

If not many people around you then no biggie
Otherwise it may be worth while to rethink which coax you use

Personally I run what most say is overkill
I use Andrews Heliax LDF5-50A for HF
and LDF7-50A for vhf-uhf

RG8 is fine if your not going to run several thousand watts if your looking at 3000 -5000 Watts the 213 is good remember its real easy to spend more and overkill what you actually need I say this because money spent that didnt need to be can be used elsewhere in the setup.

Its all up to you and based on what you plan on doing with the setup. (y)

You know, just for grits and shins, I suppose it should. Unless there's something wrong with it, then it probably wouldn't. You think?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.