• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best antenna for SUV

If you wanna stay Magnetic go with a Wilson 1000 Antenna.... Those babies hear and hear and hear...

I have a Galaxy DX959 Peaking about 20 Watts and that Radio I can hear about 20-25 Miles away on my Base in all the Hilly Terrain I live....

With the different Mobiles I have tried... This has been indeed the best I have found for my Application...

Wilson 1000 or Wilson 5000 roof mount; smack dab in the middle! I know a few who have installed the Wilson Trucker 2000 or 5000 on the top of their vehicles and those work nicely too.

I have a Wilson 5000 in the middle of my Suburban.

I wanted to go with a roof mount... BUT ... Didn't want to fool with the install of it...

Slapped that Mag Mount right smack dab in the middle... Like Master Chief stated... And you couldn't ask for better... Atleast for my App...

Course with that Big Whip on the top my Wife complained for days "Looks like I'm trying to talk to mars!" ..

LMAO!! :p

Oh well.... When it came to radios when can you make the wife happy anyway right??

Tyler,
What's the best antenna you can have for your suv? The best antenna you can have for any mobile application is the longest one you can mount, in the clear, and not have headaches when your driving. Which one is that? Beats me. Depends a lot on your particular SUV and what you're willing to put up with. How much 'better' will the 'perfect' antenna be than the one you're using now? Another one of those 'Beats me!" questions, but don't expect miracles...
- 'Doc

Tylera23 said:
i have a ford explorer, i have a hustler , magnetic, any other suggestions.....

If you want to be "Hurd" and be able to run massive amounts of power, if you want too. If you want the "Top of the line" equipment, And rated Number 1, by just about everyone, thats ever used one. Then....Predator 10K antennas is what you need to be looking for!

These antennas are the light'est, but yet strongest, Large Coil designed antennas on the market. There are lot's of "copy-cat" looking antennas out there...but only one Predator 10K... :idea:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.