• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best way to mount a 10K ?

Rockytherotty

May 27, 2005
Connecticut
What would be the best way to mount a 10K ? It would be going on a Jeep Cherokee, I'm thinking about getting one of those instead of the Wilson 5000 magnet mount I'm currently running. I'm adding a AMPower 3-pill and I think I may want a better antenna that might also be hard mounted.

What would be the best cable to run? Mini 8?

One more thing, the "shaft" length is important also. I started with a 17" and had to go to a 22" to get it to tune right, might want to think about that also.
------------
DXman

I was hoping I could get away with the shortest shaft length possible. My Jeep has a 6" lift and 33's

I had no idea the shaft length effected the tuning of the antenna.

which 10k

to u have a spare tire rck on the back u could put it thier or make a L- bracket and bot it to the rear hatchif u were going to do that then i would recomend either the 22" or the 27 " single coil

antenna placement

Do you have a reciever on your jeep. If so they sell a hitch mount antenna mount. I'm not quite sure where I've seen them but, there out there

I have a class III hitch on my Jeep. I thouht roof mounted would be the best way to go, but my Wilson 5000 magnet mount is always wacking stuff now!

If I mounted a 10K on the roof would it unscrew easily? say if I was to go off-road and needed the clearance?

I'm not even sure how a 10K would mount, does the bottom of the shaft just go through the hole you drill and then a nut reatains it? or will I need a mount of some kind?

Rockytherotty said:
I have a class III hitch on my Jeep. I thouht roof mounted would be the best way to go, but my Wilson 5000 magnet mount is always wacking stuff now!

If I mounted a 10K on the roof would it unscrew easily? say if I was to go off-road and needed the clearance?

I'm not even sure how a 10K would mount, does the bottom of the shaft just go through the hole you drill and then a nut reatains it? or will I need a mount of some kind?
Rockytherotty, The 17" shaft antenna should tune very well on your Jeep. The antenna screws right into the mount you put on the roof and takes just a few seconds to unscrew to go off road. Kale

Rockytherotty said:
Coooool! :D

So one of the predator hex mounts would mount directly to my roof if I drilled a hole for it?
Rocky, if you go with the 17" or 22" shaft antenna, you will need to use the lug terminal type mount. The one for the so239 is not recommended for rooftop antennas. Kale

My mistake Rockytherotty - I was thinking of like the mount that I have which is a Mr. Coily (lug ring connector).
---------------
DXman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.