• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bird 43 multiplier scale reading

cowboytta

Feb 26, 2019
Got a Bird 43 with a peak/multiplier kit in it. What is the correct way to read when using a multiplier? Example: 100watt slug set to x2- I've been told cant use x2 on 100watt slug only can use x5 and then read on 50 scale as 500...also been told on 100watt slug read the the 100 scale and times the reading times 2.
What is the right way?

OK, the aftermarket peak kit with the multiplier is standard, 2x and 5x. It doesn't matter what slug is in the hole, that is how it will read.

You just have to understand which scale to read.

10/100/1000 watt slug read the bottom scale and either x2 or x5 to reading.
5/50/500/5000 read the middle scale and x2 or x5.
25/250/2500 read the top scale and x2 or x5.

It's pretty simple.

Reactions: Pez
Thank you 999....I thought what you said was the right way and made the most sense to me. But someone I thought was knowledable told me cant use multiplier with certain slugs and reading a different scale thing.
Thank you again for confirming what I thought was the right way.

Reactions: 999
OK, the aftermarket peak kit with the multiplier is standard, 2x and 5x. It doesn't matter what slug is in the hole, that is how it will read.

You just have to understand which scale to read.

10/100/1000 watt slug read the bottom scale and either x2 or x5 to reading.
5/50/500/5000 read the middle scale and x2 or x5.
25/250/2500 read the top scale and x2 or x5.

It's pretty simple.
On mine I've noticed that when using the multiplier kit the accuracy suffers greatly.

I have 2 with the multiplier kits and they read very close to each other and right on with the meter in my Palstar AT2K tuner.

I'm absolutely thrilled to share my excitement about Nakayama's Tokimeki High School's English translation release! As a passionate student who enjoys writing, the prospect of diving into a world where language and culture collide is truly exhilarating. This translation opens doors for global audiences to experience the charm and essence of Tokimeki High School, fostering cross-cultural understanding. The meticulous effort put into the translation process undoubtedly reflects a commitment to quality and inclusivity. I can't wait to explore the narrative intricacies and nuances that make Nakayama's creation a masterpiece. If you're as intrigued as I am, check out https://essaypro.com/lab-report-writing-service and embark on an adventure of words and emotions!
Thanks for the information!

Last edited:
On mine I've noticed that when using the multiplier kit the accuracy suffers greatly.
There are adjustments on the board to calibrate the multipliers. I have compared a 50 watt multiplied and a 500 watt next to each other and they are spot on with each other. You just need to make sure the calibration is correct.
Also there is the possibility of one of the slugs being out of calibration.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.