• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

blue LED's more than just good looks

I don't know about them helping you stay awake. I can say i perfer the old school red ones. I have a Magnum S9 with the nitro knobs and found myself cliping the wires so they no longer work. The older model Magnums did not have a switch on them to turn them off. The ferquency counter does have the switch and i run with it off at night. Even the counter bugs the piss out of me at night. I went back to running my old stand by Cobra 148GTL DX just because the red light does not bug me. With the blue ones after about 3 hours it feels like sandpaper in my eyes. Just my 2cents

Anything annoying will keep you awake, no blue led's needed, fill the vehicle with flies and mosquitos.

Try and sleep.

The only cure for being tired to get some sleep. You are a danger to yourself and any other vehicle you meet if you're not rested.

I find that bright or colored lights tend to distract me which is as bad as being tired, get some rest and lose the gay illuminations.

I think it's just a fad when it comes to radios and there operators . Nitro knobs , jeweled knobs , blue L.E.D's and what not . It's money in the tech's pocket , I could personally care less about the foo foo myself.

Just as long as the normal L.E.D's work IM good with that. Although I will admit , some of the late 70s early 80's channel read outs could be very hard to see in the brightness of the day. To each his or her own.

I think it's just a fad when it comes to radios and there operators . Nitro knobs , jeweled knobs , blue L.E.D's and what not . It's money in the tech's pocket , I could personally care less about the foo foo myself.

Just as long as the normal L.E.D's work IM good with that. Although I will admit , some of the late 70s early 80's channel read outs could be very hard to see in the brightness of the day. To each his or her own.

Seems the newbies got to have all that stupid crap in their radios.....you know a CB radio won't work properly without it.

Blue LED's are gay.

Just something to do that has no effect on the radio's performance.

If you like it, fine, have fun.

Me? I'd rather make my shit work better.

What's the 'best' color to see stuff at night with out 'night blinding' yourself? Red. Or any color toward the 'lower' end of the spectrum. That also depends on the individual to some extent. If the importance of seeing what's illuminated is greater than what you see out the window, or around that thingy, then pick a color higher in the spectrum, blue, green, yellow, white.
I think you'll find that holds true for aircraft, night flying, etc. How aeronautical VFR maps are 'colored' takes that fact into account. Not IFR maps cuz they mean you ain't depending on looking out the widows very much, sort of.
- 'Doc

(I think a nice delicate shape... (I meant SHADE!) of pink would work extremely well, don't you??)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.