• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bluestar P1 portable 80-440 vertical

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
All I can say is WOW. what an antenna! I set this little booger up in the back yard 6 inches off the ground and ran my ft 101e to it at 120 watts. on 80 meter with a 1.7:1 SWR I was getting s9- s30 signal reports all over the country!!! I recommend these well built portable antennas to anyone!!

Next will be a true test using my ft 817 at 10 watts!!!

To change bands is real easy! All you have to do is move the tuning ring up and down until the rx is at max then use the built in swr meter on most radios and key the tx just briefly and make minor adjustments until the swr is lowest. Thats all it takes, maybe 15 seconds to change bands.

This looks an awful lot like the Superantenna design. On the Superantenna there aren't enough radials. I doubled the number on mine by using some small wire.

I like the looks of that Bluestar tripod. The Superantenna version is nice because it breaks down, but it's too small to hold the antenna up if you put a long telescoping whip on it. I usually have to find some rocks or something to secure it.

Nail it to a 2 x 12 board, park tire on board, save the rocks for something else.
- 'Doc

that's some of that 'green' stuff you know...

I use the P-1 Tripod for my ATAS 120a and it works great. I had to move and reseal the barrel connector because I wasn't getting enough contact but, now it's all good. Have fun

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.