• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BOEING 767 on 20 metres- Video

That is a really cool QSO and on 20 meters!! Ide love it. shoot me a PM of where you usually sit and Ill tune to that frequency ill send you my callsign

awesome QSO! I love the fact that the pilot does the "ahhhhhh" like they do when they talk to the cabin lol

That's pretty cool ! I talked to a guy in his private plane on 11m about 5 or 6 years ago while he was going over the PA border into Ohio. Great contact you made there ! :)

That's pretty cool ! I talked to a guy in his private plane on 11m about 5 or 6 years ago while he was going over the PA border into Ohio. Great contact you made there ! :)

Did he give any explanation as to the type of equipment he was using?

HF antenna is the leading edge of the vertical stabilzer, there is an coupler (tuner) that matches the impedance when the frequency is changed. The radio is in the electrical bay and there is a radio tuning panel RTP (what we would call a remote head) The radios usually run about 400 Watts PEP. The radios are usually Rockwell Collins or Rhodes-Schwartz Honeywell, with Rockwell Collins being the most popular.

Good info. I was aware of HF radio use but the 11 meter contact with a private aircraft fascinates me.

If anyone has any more information on private aircraft running 11 meter equipment please share. Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.