• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Brand

I guess my next question would be what are you licensed for and what use are you looking for? If no license then either use 11 meters (cb), FRS or MURS. For FRS and MURS you're limited mostly to HT's unless you want to do it illegally.

I guess my next question would be what are you licensed for and what use are you looking for? If no license then either use 11 meters (cb), FRS or MURS. For FRS and MURS you're limited mostly to HT's unless you want to do it illegally.

Perfectly legitimate questions to ask. We can't give honest answers if we don't know the details. Apparently some people think we are a bunch of assholes for asking such questions and not encouraging them to do things illegally on the business bands. :unsure:

I guess that's when we find out who the REAL asshole is.

Reactions: 1 person
After a year of using the Baofeng, I have some more thoughts about it now.

If you want to use it for simplex, maybe not such a great idea. It has terrible adjacent channel rejection. If I use it on 146.520mhz/simplex in my car, I can hear the traffic light relays, the NWS freq (~162mhz!), and a lot of other local noise. Well; if you are in a big city it could be a real problem.

However if you are using the radio for repeaters; then the adjacent channel rejection isn't that big an issue and it is OK for that. Since the auto-squelch deals with most of it. Unless you are really close to a spurious noise source. Still a great deal overall.

Really depends if you live in the country, near a source of noise, or in a urban area - IMO . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.