• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning BR-28

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Just bought a Browning BR-28 from a guy who said he couldn't get the SWR below a 2.
So, I mounted it about a foot behind the cab of my truck on the top of the bedrail to a
homemade quarter inch steel plate I made and the old 1960's heavy duty barrel spring, (don't know the brand), to mount my 102 SS Whip. It only has a 5 or 6 inch shaft at the bottom so, I couldn't get the coil above the cab. The best I could get was a 1.5 and a 1.4 on the 11 meter band. I will install a 22 or 27 in shaft and get it over the cab or, mount it on the top middle of
my extended cab truck with my tram triple 5 inch mag mount and see how it does.
I'm pretty sure it would work much better there anyway. Heck for 20 bucks, and it looks brand new, I thought I'd give it a try.
Now, I have yet another antenna to add to my collection of at least 15. Lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated