• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning mark IV

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Hi, up for sale is a browning mark iv. I spent $400.00 for the radio a few months ago. (Radio was in working order.) I started to buy a few parts to replace the old original one's. With the help of Alan I've received the paper work and parts. The radio did not come with a mic. I wired an old d104 up to use.

Any way, I put a new Voltage Regulator Board -9 Volts, new Capacitor 500 MFD @ 75 Volts, and new Capacitor 40 MFD 450 VDC. Have an extra 7885 tube (Not sure if new.) Put in new 12BY7A Tube. Also have two new 7558 tubes in boxes. New Jones style connectors have not been put on. Four new 1847 frosted lamps. I also have a mark 3 desk mic, that Alan sent me the parts and paper work so I could make it work on the IV. I bought and wired a new cord to it but it does not have an end on it. Also owners manual for radio.

Now the only bad part is the R229 burned out. As soon as I saw smoke I turned the radio off. Resistor is not burned all the way threw. Have not turned it back on since then. Alan sent me a new resistor. He said it could have came from the mode switch or just the resistor. The radio I would say is a 8 out of 10 in appearance. I just had spine surgery done and am not able to work on it. Also i don't have the money to put in to the radio right now. Radio has no mods or holes.

Sorry about the long post but I am a very honest person and did not want to leave anything out. The pain pills can do that lol. I am no tech but I am sure it will not take a lot to fix.

I am asking $175.00 plus $60.00 shipping in two boxes. If less I will refund the difference.

SOLD AS IS.

Can be fixed or for parts. Only ship to the lower 48 states. Paypal only gift. I will send tracking info. USPS parcel post. I will wrap the tubes in news paper so they don't get broken. So don't forget to take off the covers.

You can see my feed back on ebay under cbkidd Or on other forums.

Here is a link to the pictures.

Pictures by cbkidd - Photobucket

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.