• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Buddistick

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
I ordered my Buddistick on Friday and recieved it today. First of all Bud was great to talk to. I asked a million questions which, he answered with out any sales pitch for his product. He kept his cool even though I forgot about the time difference and called at 5 a.m., twice. As I stated, I recieved it today and unpacked the package from the Fed Ex box and couldn't believe it was all in this tiny package. Upon opening the very nice bag it comes in, I was pleased to see that everything was fit nicely into it's own slots, very nice and neat. I proceeded to take it out piece by piece and inspect it. I was surprised at the light wieght material and the quality put into this beautiful antenna. Everything I ordered, including extras, fits nicely into it's own compartment. I put it together briefly just to check out the finished product and man, if it performs half as good as it looks, I am in business. Oh by the way, Did I state that I haven't even paid for it yet. I called and asked if I could pay by PayPal and which the answer was yes. I called two days later to tell Bud that I still had not recieved the request for money through PayPal. He then said he would get around to it at some point. Not bad business if you ask me and that's convidence in your product. If you can ship and have your customer recieve the pruct before you even pay for it. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
I have also seen the Buddipole and it performs wonderfully and is the same great construction as the Buddistick. What a great company, customer service and product. What more could you ask for out of a company? I will further my post once I set up and try tuning and seeing how it performs. I don't hesitate for a moment that it will perform as well as it looks.

Bud stick

He takes a lot of pride in his product, I knew him in Redding Ca, he never gets dirty, at field day he sets up a Buddystick, for all to enjoy.

Well, to further my review. I have owned it now for about 1-1/2 months and used an antenna analyzer to set the taps and got perfect SWR on all bands. I also use the LDG Z-100 tuner to finish it off. This antenna is great. Quick set up, good quality and great performance. I would not leave home without it. As a matter of fact, I am taking a three week road trip and it's coming with me. I am going to try to get it resonant on 27 Mhz which I haven't tried yet but, it shouldn't be to far off from 28 Mhz. Hope to catch you guys on the band.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.