• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Building a bluetooth headset

Tjvaughn

Jun 16, 2010
so i have a question concerning building a bluetooth headset for my UHF hand held radio so i can splice it into my bluetooth motorcycle headset...

the radio uses a two pin jack, so i picked up a headset for my radio with a finger PTT and a separate mic and speaker. snipped off the mic and speaker and i want to wire that into a Jabra a210 bluetooth adapter by wiring a female 2.5mm jack to plug the jabra into, so it can handle the speaker and mic, using the PTT mounted somewhere on the bike to control .. well the PTT....

when i snipped the mic and speaker off the cable for the mic and speaker, the first thing i noticed was that the wires are friggin TINY, the second is that i have too many wires in the speaker mic cable for my female 2.5mm adapter... i thought i would ask for some guidance, perhaps someone has put together something similar and would be able to help me out...

im not sure if i need to get a special 2.5mm adapter for the cables or if i can splice them together...

below are some pic's of the various wires for what its worth... haha

the Black, Red, White is my 2.5mm jack, the Red and Gold are for the Mic, and the Blue and Green are for the speaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.