• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Building or Buying a mic adapter for 4 pin female to 2 pin male

JesseJamesNEC

Dec 27, 2009
Hey All, I was wondering if anyone can help me here, what I need to do is either FIND or BUILD a mic adapter that will allow me to use my 4 pin cobra wired mics on the B&W 5100 which is a 2 pin Amphenol, like Collins, Johnson, Browning, etc. I CAN buy a cord from W2IHY which is great BUT pretty pricey since the 2 pin is rather rare, I HAVE one so I wanted to see if an adapter cound be built or Purchased??

4-Pin to 2-Pin Amphenol Mic Adapter

Hey All, I was wondering if anyone can help me here, what I need to do is either FIND or BUILD a mic adapter that will allow me to use my 4 pin cobra wired mics on the B&W 5100 which is a 2 pin Amphenol, like Collins, Johnson, Browning, etc. I CAN buy a cord from W2IHY which is great BUT pretty pricey since the 2 pin is rather rare, I HAVE one so I wanted to see if an adapter cound be built or Purchased??

Just have a care when you look up the connections, like - which side of the connector is the diagram showing? - so you don't get it backward. "Hmmm, I plug it in and it goes to transmit instantly!" Use the best quality cable you can get, even if it's only a few inches. Build it for the ages (well-strain-relieved and insulated, etc.), and you won't be sorry later.

There are sources of both types (including the older large 2-pin), and I often buy odd stuff from All Electronics (industrial surplus) in Van Nuys CA; they seem to have some good stuff at reasonable prices, that I can re-purpose for other uses (or their original uses!) --No connection, just a satisfied customer.

73 es GL! Pi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.