• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Buying an Antenna

mrsippycup

Sep 3, 2005
Washington
I am going to buy a new antenna, I am 100% new to CB Radio's and I have a very small base station set up, I do have a fair knowledge of things and are quite adept at building things. I would like to get the best antenna or build the best antenna I can for relativly cheap, I don't have much money to spend, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

-Kevin

Easiest way to get started is to purchase a A-99 or
Imax 2000 antenna. These antennas are fiberglass sticks.
The A-99 is 18ft tall. Imax 2000 is 24ft tall. Just
screw them together and mount them up in the air and your done. If you get a chance click on the web address listed
in my previous post. Explains different antennas, coax,
and all that good stuff.

I would have to agree with the Antron 99 being a good starter antenna and as for DX I work it all the time with my Antron. Another nice thing is they are pretuned so You do not need to worry about SWR.

OK, Click on the following web address to look at
Antennas, coax, Cb radios ect. This is a catalog
that shows current antennas, coax and cb equipment.

ALL CB PRODUCTS: http://copper.com/

Jay in the Mohave sells the I-10K groundplane antenna.
Mr. Coily sells the Enforcer and Excalibur antennas.
Both of these fellas can be found on this forum.

Hey..

Do also Consider Jay's Interceptor I-10K
it is a 5/8 wave ground plane that is exellent for both local and DX

try looking in on the contless discussions in the antenna secton as well as further down on Jay's direct discussions

I can tell you compared to all vertical Local-DX antennas nothing even comes close..
it also will take whatever weather thrown its way..

Remember the antenna is often the most forgotton and or passed over part of a station set up..
Yet it is the most Importent part of the set up..

I have made way too many contacts to go over them..
i used to have the A-99...also used the Imax 2000 as well as the big stick..
Get yourself the interceptor I-10K if you can afford it

a1anteenas.com

www.a1antennas.com

Good Luck

Yeah, that's what i run there KingCobra and i agree
with you 100% on the I-10K antenna!
Mrsippycup just needs to learn antenna basics, coax,
grounding the antenna ect./ Reading through different
subjects on this forum would be a big help also.

I run the I-10K too. Its fantastic but only for those who want the best. If you want cheap, buy cheap! The A-99 is the PERFECT cheap antenna. It will get you started.

1COR 13:11
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things." Powerful words!

One of my all time favorite quotes is:
"If you have a $10.00 head, buy a $10.00 helmet." This was a slogan used by Bell Helmets. If you have a $49.95 CB station, buy a $49.95 CB antenna.

Understand this vital fact; The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio station is on the antenna and feedline!

I am always amazed that people will spend $$$ on a radio and a "big" amplifier, then use RG-213 coax and an Antron 99. Its EASY to swap out a smaller radio for a bigger one, but not so easy to bring an antenna system down to upgrade it later!

Spend the money wisely on a good antenna system and coax! At the very LEAST, get the Maco V58. When you are ready to step up to the Bently of CB antennas, buy the I-10K!

CB Antenna Link
Coax - CPX1318FX

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.