• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

California Supreme Court Declines to Hear Antenna Zoning Case

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The California Supreme Court refused to hear the antenna zoning case brought forth by Alex Zubarau, WB6X, of Palmdale, California -- with the assistance of his ARRL Volunteer Counsel Len Shaffer, WA6QHD -- after receiving a mixed decision by the California Court of Appeals earlier this year. The Supreme Court -- California’s highest court -- handed down their decision on April 20.

In 2005, Zubar...

More...

Sounds like precedence has been set.

It won't be long now that reasonable accomodation to engage in Amateur radio will be satisfied by a self contained HT. The residence of Palmdale should consider this and take Zubars wee little, roof mounted VHF/UHF antenna to court as well.

Soon the highway patrol will be limiting antennas on vehiculars too...nah, the hands-free law will be enhanced...

IANAL but,

I don't understand why they didn't file this case in Federal Court, thus avoiding an opinion from a CA court. To me, the FCC preemption issue makes it a Federal issue. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe that is why the state supreme court denied even hearing the case, it is none of their business!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.