• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can you help another newbie with yet another problem????

EDUK8TR

Re: Uncle Murphy is working overtime on me

Make sure the center conductor of the antenna mount is not grounding out on the sheet metal where it is installed.

Check the continuity of the mount to see if it is grounding out.

Wayne C.

CDX-787<BR
HR2510

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

Re: Uncle Murphy is working overtime on me

Make sure the center conductor of the antenna mount is not grounding out on the sheet metal where it is installed.

Check the continuity of the mount to see if it is grounding out.

Wayne C.

CDX-787<BR
HR2510

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

Hello:

Well, I just got my radio. RCI 2950. Nice radio. Pacific radio did a tune/allign/convert.

It's mounted in an '89 Bronco (fullsize). I have the pos and neg going directly to the battery with 10ga wire. The only noise comes from when I run the windows up/down.

From the radio, I have 5' of R8-X (i think thats what it's called) plugged into a Galaxy power/swr meter. From the meter I have 18' of Super mini-8 going to the antenna. Through the roof acorn mount (just over the passenger seat, I'll be installing a UHF radio shortly and need to put that antenna on the other side.).

Problem: SWR meter goes through the roof (well, into the red/over 3). Rechecked the connections. Tried two antennas (a Wilson Silver Load and an Mr. Coily type antenna) tried with a heavy-duty spring between the mount and antenna and without. No difference.

Ch. 40 gives a lower reading (below 3) than Ch.1 (which is way into the red). This is supposed to mean that the whip is too short, but there isn't much more I can give (and I doubt it'll drop below 2).

Any Suggestions? The only other thing I can think of is I put some dielectric stuff in between the coax connector and the antenna mount. I wiped the stuff off as best I could, but no change.

I'm at a loss. HELP!!!!

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/ushvlhead.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Shvlhead</A> at: 6/30/02 10:57:55 pm

Hello:

Well, I just got my radio. RCI 2950. Nice radio. Pacific radio did a tune/allign/convert.

It's mounted in an '89 Bronco (fullsize). I have the pos and neg going directly to the battery with 10ga wire. The only noise comes from when I run the windows up/down.

From the radio, I have 5' of R8-X (i think thats what it's called) plugged into a Galaxy power/swr meter. From the meter I have 18' of Super mini-8 going to the antenna. Through the roof acorn mount (just over the passenger seat, I'll be installing a UHF radio shortly and need to put that antenna on the other side.).

Problem: SWR meter goes through the roof (well, into the red/over 3). Rechecked the connections. Tried two antennas (a Wilson Silver Load and an Mr. Coily type antenna) tried with a heavy-duty spring between the mount and antenna and without. No difference.

Ch. 40 gives a lower reading (below 3) than Ch.1 (which is way into the red). This is supposed to mean that the whip is too short, but there isn't much more I can give (and I doubt it'll drop below 2).

Any Suggestions? The only other thing I can think of is I put some dielectric stuff in between the coax connector and the antenna mount. I wiped the stuff off as best I could, but no change.

I'm at a loss. HELP!!!!

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/ushvlhead.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Shvlhead</A> at: 6/30/02 10:57:55 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated