• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB problems - seems to be the antenna

Think of it like this, when they made the antenna, they made it just a little too long, so you could fine tune it to your mounting location.
So you have to trim it a little bit, but if you get it too short the readings will start to rise at some point.
You want to find the best spot, within reason, without going too short.
This can only be done by trim and test.
about 1/4 inch at a time.

Jeff

LOL, thanks.
I really do not know anything about radio, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...........
>
>
>
>
>
>
Let us know were you stop at, and have fun learning something about Radio.
Antennas and feedlines can be a real deep subject around here at times with things like how dynamic electric radiation and induction fields vary as sine-wave functions of time or something along those lines.
But someone around here can help with install stuff. :D

Jeff

That is fine were you are at now.
You can fine tune it even more, but for what you are running it is fine.

Why did ch 1 start to go back up?

Because you have tuned the antenna to a point were the frequency(channel) that has the lowest SWR reading is now within the 40 channels of the radio.

If you go thru the 40 channels, and write down the meter reading on each channel, you should be able to see were the lowest reading is.

If you clip another, oh say 1/8" off of the wire and do the readings again, you will see were after you remove the wire, the channel with the lowest SWR reading will have moved down in frequency.
The best is lowest on 20, because that is the middle of your channel range.
The slight change that 1.5 to 1.1 will make is very small. and if you remove too much wire it will start going back up again.

Jeff

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Thanks man. I'm extremely happy to have this all worked out. I'm setting my buddy's SWR numbers tomorrow. We don't have school until after lunch (Freshmen through Juniors are having TAKS testing, so Seniors don't have to come to school until they are done.) so I'll do it in the morning tommorow.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll be scanning these forums quite frequently now, as I do the Full Size Bronco forums. It's odd what I sort of "obsess" over (I don't see it as an obsession :roll: ), first my computers, then my truck, now CB milage. What next? :D

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.