• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Backpack Setup

DJboutit

Nov 30, 2006
I though it would be cool to setup a cb radio in a backpack for those long walks or hikes. I want a radio with ssb which radio do you recommond for this which antenna should I go with & how would I power the whole setup.

Here's an idea,
WorldPack II

WorldPackII_side.jpg

DX-Pac-loaded---ant-mic-etc.jpg

just get a big backpack drop you a yellowtop optima down in the bottom
slide a piece of tire over the battery to keep it from arching
now drop that cobra 2000 down inside run your coax about 9 feet of 213
get a mirror bracket and attach to the top of backpack
attach coax
unscrew the coily antenna from side of van that is already tuned and attach to top of backpack
make sure to take a extra mic

and most of all have fun

Why limit yourself to CB? Get your tech ham license and use an HT! Or get creative with the antenna and use a rig pictured above with one of the various mounts for doing high band HF (don't expect amazing results, though!)

a_IMG_2496.jpg

That is a pretty good pack..

However i would rather have some of the more powerful roll out solar powered film..that power pack is only enough power for slow recharging....2 way radios require far more power then that pack offers..

OK my thought as a redneck
first 1 back pack 2 or 3 12 volt batts like they use in the exit light or like johnson used in its 123 pac cb next a uniden pc 122 and a 50 to 100 watt amp also i have seen on the net a solar pannel tha had cig plug that put out 12 to 14 vols at arond 15 or 20 watts it would help keep batts charged as for antenna 3 or 4 ft wilson silver load and coax and some bungy cord or zip tyes find a big tree and klime
antenna option 2 you can carr in an a 99 set it up and yep guys i have ben ther dun that worked for 5 to 12 mile in the woods or on a MT top i have dun 25 plus miles
also you can git 3 hours with just the cb using a tx 50 amp you git about 45 min befor you need to recharg batts i did thin in my late 20's when cb was the craze

thanks an dont hate LOL

Reactions: Ron Willenborg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.