• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB wisdom in

M

marconi390

The following was a quote I saw.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>"The new wire likely may have a different velocity factor than the old wire. If the old wire was solid and your new wire is braided that would explain it. You can either cut the spreaders down (to physically shorted the wires) or replace it with solid wire as before. By your description it sounds like you are now using 'Copper Weld' wire. That does have a lower velocity factor than solid wire. Many commercial wire antennas use solid wire because it is more predictable. Please feel free to post my comments on the forum for the benefit of others, if you choose to share your experience." <hr></blockquote> What do you think about the advise?

</p>

What was wrong that made the person what made that post question the velocity factor of the wire?

</p>

Man, I'd like to know where that was posted. It doesn't surprise me though....there's so much misinformation out there. Also, the person that posted that clearly doesn't understand skin effect...

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.