• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Centre loaded wilson on car ?

R

RollingRadios

The Wilson 2k trucker with a short shaft on car roof works very well.

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long black limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

Anyone have experience of this ?

Will the Centre loaded tune ok?

Will it give better local contacts ?

26 CDX 757, One of Our Subs - subs757
mobile with RCI2970 Astatic575 Sirio 7/8th @120w back at base Yaesu FT757GX Datong FL3 filter Astatic575 3ele Sirio yagi @130W

More than 2000 people are injured by teapots each year in the UK !</p>

Here's my $0.02:

I just got back into C.B. two months ago, after 15 years away from it, and I'm learning more all the time from this here forum. If I had my setup to do over I might run even better components, but I digress.

My current setup: Uniden 980 with an Astatic 636L mic connected to a Wilson 2000 Trucker on a 5" magnet mount on the center of my 2000 Cadillac's roof. My clear, good, consistent results are: 9-10 miles on SSB mobile to mobile, 23 miles on AM mobile to base station with tower mounted beam antenna pointed my way, and 2-3 miles on AM in front of me mobile to mobile (on the interstate).

After initially installing my Wilson 2000 Trucker mag mount it took only a few minutes to adjust for my best SWR (1.4 on channel 40, 1.2 on channel 1) simply by adjusting the height of the 49" whip and tightening the two set screws.

No doubt, there are better C.B. setups to be had, but, I'm pleased with the performance of my mobile setup and I've gotten good reports far more often than not when receiving radio checks.

C.B. is great! The problem with C.B., though, is this: once you get started the tendency is to upgrade, augment, and push performance as far as you can.

i run a wilson 5000 center load on a ball mount on my 2001 blazer cobra 19x into hb 150,,, range on a quiet day i get about 20 miles,, have talked skip to canada and west coast when conditions right,,,, i am in florida so terrain might make a difference..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.