• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Channel Guard Filters

Giant Electronics based out of China. They also I believe manufacture GPS's and Commercial Scanners.

The latest 148 does have similar design problems. It does need some changes made yes. Midland bought Topaz3 out not sure if they bought maxon out or not.

</p>

It is, but it's like saying that I thought the reason the donut tire was in the trunk was in case you got a flat, well yes that's right but it doesn't mean drive on a donut tire forever.

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

Well, the Magnum radios are in my opinion some of the worst. It is my opinion, but I just don't like the R.F. limited radios. Some people may love them, and that's fine. I personally don't like the construction, it looks thrown together, secondly, their circuit design has several issues. Once again, the receivers typically have a very wide almost non-existant band-pass filter, then followed by a very high gain bipolar transistor as a general RF amplifier, then all of the garbage generated there is fed down the line. It's good if you use them for what they're intended for... local CB use.

bot452026.gif
</p>

Well, I think that it's all about what the person wants. I mean if you like a particular radio, get one and use one. The new 2950 / 2970 DX series do have better receivers even than the first series, which isn't saying much, but compared to others that are much better.

bot452026.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.