• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Circular Polarized Antenna

i have seen that antenna with the two drooping loops somewhere before, i just cant remember where i saw it,
you can clearly see the coil below the two hoops similar to the gr50 coil
what the secret is to the gr45's 1/8wave shaft with a certain inductance and hat above the shaft i aint figured out yet but i will be experimenting with the idea when we get decent weather.

Hey Bob, how did your experiment turn out?

I've spoken about my experience with my pop's two Golden Rod antennas from Signal Engineering, but we never thought them to be anything but vertical, with maybe a notable and better horizontal response than using a full 1/4 wave radiator.

If I had thought about it, I would have surely saved a couple of pop's antennas back when we sold all of his field services equipment, but the antennas went with the trucks, or else I'd go get em' and test em'.

I've tried to get in touch with SE at their toll number on their Website, and left several messages, but they will not return calls. Regardless of what Robb has reported to us about them moving to another location nearby, I think they've moved to Bankruptcy or likely just gone into the failed and broke category.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.