• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax/Antenna switch

Quiksilver

Oct 23, 2006
Washington State, USA
Looking to upgrade to a good quality desktop antenna/coax switch. Basically, I want to switch between my HR2510 & Cobra 2000GTL through one antenna. I currently run a switch similar to the one pictured. Guts look kinda cheap though. Also, don't like having to reach behind the desk to make switch. Looking to clean up shack & coax runs a bit. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks!

MFJ-1702t.jpg

It sort of depends on how much money you want to throw at it. The simplest option would be to move that existing switch to where it isn't as much trouble to reach. Another option would be a remote switch, that's not going to be very cheap though. Then again, if you can find a switch that has all the connections (so-239's) on one side, just mount it with the knob above desk level.
The working parts of a coax switch are not all that complicated or 'robust', they don't have to be.
The only thing that I'd make sure of since you'll be using it to switch radios instead of antennas, is that th unused contact is grounded. No sense in putting anymore signal into the unused radio than necessary, you know?
- 'Doc

If that switch is the Diawa CS-201 the guts are far from cheap. They are actually a very good switch. You are looking for something like the LDG remote desktop switch aren't you?

If that switch is the Diawa CS-201 the guts are far from cheap. They are actually a very good switch. You are looking for something like the LDG remote desktop switch aren't you?

Yes, but their discontinued. I found a couple of websites that might have them in stock, but we'll see. Might just go with the Diawa. My tech did let me try the one pictured. It is controlled by a selector switch mounted on a circuit board, with four SO-239's on the back. Seems to work fine, but the Diawa may be of better quality. Anyone use one of these Dosy switches?
SW-4
sw4.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.